Our customers increasingly ask us how we can do more to aid their employees to ensure they are supporting positive mental health.
A study by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development found that:
- 37% of sufferers are more likely to get into conflict with colleagues
- 57% find it harder to juggle multiple tasks
- 80% find it difficult to concentrate
- 62% take longer to do tasks
- 50% are potentially less patient with customers/clients.
Mental health issues can have a negative impact on productivity in the workplace. These findings demonstrate that employees are not receiving the mental health support they need to be able to perform well in the workplace.
How can you support your employees?
It is a difficult subject to approach, however there are many ways you can support your employees to help create a safer, healthier and stronger working environment.
Further to this, Alcumus PSM have developed a ‘Mental Health & Wellbeing in the workplace’ training course, built to support Managers, Supervisors and any members of staff who may deal with employees experiencing Mental Health issues.
This is an introduction course, which will explain different aspects of Mental Health and give guidance as to how to manage Mental Health and Wellbeing in your workplace.
On completion of the course, you will better understand:
- The different types of mental health
- Understanding the impact of mental health in the workplace
- The legal framework, the risks and potential consequences of getting it wrong
- Management tools for supporting staff with mental health issues
- How to encourage and promote Well-being practices in the workplace
To find out more about the course, please email [email protected] or call 01484 439930.